|Capital||Ciudad de Roma|
The Empire of Romextly is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Diego with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 5.264 billion Romextlyians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ciudad de Roma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Romextlyian economy, worth 852 trillion Pesos a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 161,953 Pesos, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 590,981 per year while the poor average 31,513, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
New arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, citizens with artificial limbs are forbidden to serve as beauty pageant judges, and money grows on trees. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romextly's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romextly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Patriotic and the Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Romextly was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Romextly voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Romextly was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Romextly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend HumanSanity".
- : Romextly voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Corporal Punishment Ban".
- : Romextly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Romextly published "OOC stuff for a boring person (WIP)" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Romextly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands"".
- : Romextly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Highest Wealthy Incomes.
Endorsements Received: None.