The Imperium of Romanist is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Aecius with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.38 billion Romans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. The average income tax rate is 52.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth a remarkable 6,324 trillion denariius a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 259,399 denariius, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts, decaying farm hamlets have twice the representation of major urban areas, and the nation's prisons are touted as the best weight loss programs money can't buy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romanist's national animal is the Roman Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is to each his own belief.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romanist endorsed The Socialist Nation of Republic Popular of Lorien.
- : Romanist endorsed The Republic of Emboabas.
- : Romanist lodged a message on the Brasil Regional Message Board.
- : Romanist was endorsed by The Republic of Emboabas.
- : The Emperor of KapKav dismissed Romanist as Oficial de Seguranša of Brasil.
- : Romanist was endorsed by The Nation of Baldorium.
- : Romanist endorsed The Military Organization of AKATSUKI ORG.
- : Romanist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Romanist was endorsed by The Military Organization of AKATSUKI ORG.
- : Romanist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.