|Faith||to each his own belief|
The Imperium of Romanist is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Aecius with an iron fist, and renowned for its avant-garde cinema, compulsory military service, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 25.996 billion Romans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. The average income tax rate is 46.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth a remarkable 7,072 trillion denariius a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 272,079 denariius, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
New cases of Asbestosis are cropping up as quickly as hospitals can deal with them, Aecius's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, and politicians have literally dirty hands from their extracurricular activities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romanist's national animal is the Roman Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is to each his own belief.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romanist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Romanist's influence in Brasil rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Romanist seized the position of Brasil WA Delegate from The Federal Republic of Azzurs.
- : Romanist's influence in Brasil rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Romanist's influence in Brasil rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Romanist was endorsed by The Federal Empire of Alissonovia.
- : Romanist endorsed The Semipresidential Republic of Santana Tucuruvi.
- : Romanist was endorsed by The Semipresidential Republic of Santana Tucuruvi.
- : Following new legislation in Romanist, politicians have literally dirty hands from their extracurricular activities.
- : Following new legislation in Romanist, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.