|Faith||Church of Romanar|
The Halliburton of Romanar is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Chester Anderson with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, frequent executions, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 26.369 billion Romanarians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delta City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Romanarian economy, worth a remarkable 3,869 trillion dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 146,745 dinars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 755,173 per year while the poor average 15,574, a ratio of 48.5 to 1.
Disability advocates are not amused that they are told to be dependent on Romanarians's kindness, politicians take citizens for idiots, Court TV ratings have skyrocketed now that executions are filmed on location, and it is illegal to comfort a crying baby between the hours of 6 pm and 8 pm. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romanar's national animal is the bull moose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Church of Romanar.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Romanar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Romanar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Romanar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Romanar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Romanar, it is illegal to comfort a crying baby between the hours of 6 pm and 8 pm.