|Faith||Church of Romanar|
The Halliburton of Romanar is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Chester Anderson with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 27.734 billion Romanarians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delta City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Romanarian economy, worth a remarkable 4,080 trillion dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 147,135 dinars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 751,402 per year while the poor average 15,860, a ratio of 47.4 to 1.
It is illegal to comfort a crying baby between the hours of 6 pm and 8 pm, schoolchildren must pass a six-month Ethics and Safety Committee Assessment before they are allowed to mix baking soda and vinegar, takeaway food bought on the weekend now comes with fifty percent more sweat and tears, and an Osiris Tourist Association survey has rated Romanar #1 for number twos. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romanar's national animal is the bull moose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Church of Romanar.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Following new legislation in Romanar, an Osiris Tourist Association survey has rated Romanar #1 for number twos.
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombified and the Top 5% for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Romanar's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Romanar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 5% for Most Dead and Most Zombified.
- : Romanar was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Harbinger of Destruction of Mghnb, infecting 41 million survivors.
- : Romanar was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Harbinger of Destruction of Mghnb, infecting 56 million survivors.
- : Romanar was ravaged by a Zombie Burster Horde from The Queendom of Altimazing, infecting 74 million survivors.
- : Romanar was ravaged by a Zombie Burster Horde from The Queendom of Alternal, infecting 92 million survivors.