The Imperium of Romae in Perpetuum is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Gemellus Caesar with an iron fist, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, keen interest in outer space, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.343 billion Romans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth a remarkable 3,571 trillion Denarii a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 428,102 Denarii, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,363,039 per year while the poor average 39,189, a ratio of 60.3 to 1.
It is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country, and bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romae in Perpetuum's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Cultus Imperator.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romae in Perpetuum's influence in The Fifth Sovereign Charter rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Romae in Perpetuum's influence in The Fifth Sovereign Charter rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Romae in Perpetuum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Romae in Perpetuum's influence in The Fifth Sovereign Charter rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Romae in Perpetuum lodged a message on the The Fifth Sovereign Charter Regional Message Board.
- : Romae in Perpetuum relocated from The Fourth Sovereign Charter to The Fifth Sovereign Charter.
- : Romae in Perpetuum lodged a message on the The Fourth Sovereign Charter Regional Message Board.
- : Romae in Perpetuum password-protected The Fourth Sovereign Charter.
- : Romae in Perpetuum's influence in The Fourth Sovereign Charter rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Romae in Perpetuum published "August 2020 expansion" (Bulletin: News).