|Leader||Ioseb Besarionis dzе Jughashvili|
The Empire of Roma IV is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Ioseb Besarionis dzе Jughashvili with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 2.128 billion Romans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byzantium. The average income tax rate is 93.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth 452 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 212,676 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roma IV's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Roma IV voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Effective Medications".
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, a nickname of "Doctor Death" probably indicates a decorated war hero.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers.
- : Roma IV voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nephara".
Endorsements Received: 74 » From New World, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, New Leganes, Greater New Cassandra, A Slanted Black Stripe, Brotherland, Oofery, A mean old man, Dragons Blood, Wallenburg, The Three States of Fortuna, Tassirion, Debluu, Axdel, Rainbow Vests, Imperial Akatsuki, Pakitsk, Lanagon, Distro-Spartica, The Militarius Imperium, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Santa Dystopia, Propwash, Harro Waarudho, Dravida India, Narinoland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Developing World, Fellon, Cellar Doors, Roissyland, ReReReRepublic, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, Kavanos, Jove Mahmo, Staynes, Rabarbarys, Cacnesia, Cisdaniria, Enlil, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Ridann, Pirnovo, Wakeopolis, Aquyia, and 24 others.Veterans Association, Northern Celavon, Layngderfleethe, Kalaratri, Saint Richelieu, Greater Lessville, Hizuru, The Atlae Isles, Aivintis, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, British Calradia, Edwardsport, Squid Ruinosa, Alemannian Empire, Nereua, Canadian Technocrats, Cappedore, Kandorith, MikGonnia, Blobon, East Malaysia, Talakra, Minimal Cities, and Albrook.