|Leader||Ioseb Besarionis dzе Jughashvili|
The Empire of Roma IV is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Ioseb Besarionis dzе Jughashvili with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 964 million Romans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byzantium. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth 138 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Retail. Average income is an impressive 144,092 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Roma IV, and convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roma IV's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Roma IV.
- : Roma IV voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, on-duty Air Roma IV flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class.
- : Roma IV voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
- : Following new legislation in Roma IV, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
Endorsements Received: 61 » From New World, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, La xinga, New Leganes, Greater New Cassandra, A Slanted Black Stripe, Zukchiva, Brotherland, Oofery, Acronis, Tretrid, A mean old man, Dragons Blood, Wallenburg, Lanwa, The Three States of Fortuna, Mays Austrian Nation, Tassirion, Debluu, Axdel, Rainbow Vests, Imperial Akatsuki, Pakitsk, Lanagon, Distro-Spartica, The Militarius Imperium, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Santa Dystopia, Republic of New India, Propwash, Harro Waarudho, Dravida India, Narinoland, Arunika, Republic of Berzerkistan, Developing World, Fellon, Cellar Doors, Roissyland, ReReReRepublic, BearStackof2015, Lorrana, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, Kavanos, Jove Mahmo, Staynes, Rabarbarys, and 11 others.The Kulaata Islands, Cacnesia, Cisdaniria, Enlil, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Ridann, Nevertopia, Pirnovo, Wakeopolis, and Eagle Crest.