The Lazy Builders of Rom Was Not Built In A Day is a colossal, orderly nation, notable for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 8.633 billion Rom Was Not Built In A Dayians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Rom Was Not Built In A Dayian economy, worth 268 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,069 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government considers it a sacred duty to video bikini-clad beach swimmers, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, some are born loving old plays and some have old plays thrust upon them, and Rom Was Not Built In A Dayian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rom Was Not Built In A Day's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day's influence in Touhou Project rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day relocated from Birb to Touhou Project.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Evil Nim 5.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day endorsed The Colony of Evil Nim 4.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day relocated from The Rejected Realms to Birb.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Rom Was Not Built In A Day was removed from the regional ban list of South Pacific by The Republic of Bike.