The Woodhouse Sanctum of Rolands End is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Childe Roland with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, avowedly heterosexual populace, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 12.667 billion Rolands Endians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castle Rock. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The powerhouse Rolands Endian economy, worth 675 trillion $$s a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Furniture Restoration, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 53,348 $$s, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
Conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors, Childe Roland has just been declared ruler of Rolands End in an international press conference, crooks and people with too many kids are being kicked out of the country, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime is moderate. Rolands End's national animal is the ^-^, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rolands End's influence in Eriador rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Rolands End relocated from Sable Island to Eriador.
- : Rolands End founded the region Eriador.
- : Rolands End was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Rolands End was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Rolands End was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Rolands End was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and the Top 10% for Most Zombified.
- : Rolands End was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 10% for Most Survivors.
- : Rolands End's influence in Sable Island rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Rolands End's influence in Sable Island fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".