The Commonwealth of Roenland is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Worker Councils with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, unlimited-speed roads, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.408 billion Roenlandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goetheburg. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Roenlandian economy, worth 217 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 90,232 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roenland's national animal is the roe deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Roenland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Roenland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Roenland was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Saminda.
- : Roenland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Roenland, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Roenland, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Roenland, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Roenland, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Roenland, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance.
- : Following new legislation in Roenland, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Alvero, Heisa, Coolness, Mauvemarke, Westerlies, Nuevo Burrito, Wu Wei Shan, Dekks, Venovica, Danera, Maupedonia, Silabar, Revolution Shoals, Nchikhumbwa, Scientists Allied, and Saminda.