The Sultanate of Riveristan is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, triple-decker prams, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 333 million Riveristanis are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City. The average income tax rate is 60.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Riveristani economy, worth 30.2 trillion debt certificates a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is 90,838 debt certificates, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
The book "Zen and the Art of Dog Maintenance" is inexplicably a worldwide success, the government snoops on private internet connections, prisoners due for execution often use their final statement to complain about soggy bread rolls, and several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Riveristan's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Riveristan was endorsed by The Theocracy of GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO.
- : Riveristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Riveristan, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Riveristan, prisoners due for execution often use their final statement to complain about soggy bread rolls.
- : Following new legislation in Riveristan, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Following new legislation in Riveristan, the book "Zen and the Art of Dog Maintenance" is inexplicably a worldwide success.
- : Following new legislation in Riveristan, slavery has been abolished.
- : Riveristan was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Following new legislation in Riveristan, foreign heads of state have taken out restraining orders against Riveristani ambassadors.
- : Following new legislation in Riveristan, celebrity foodies are biting a huge chunk out of the government budget.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Alunya, Sinelona, Pallaith, El Fiji Grande, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Siwale, Newpromisedland, Corfad, Acrabinnia, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, PlanetPunk, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Egalico, Sundred, Peldorn, Dreadton, Omnistria, Uganda Knuckles UK, Napnomadia, Bayern-Straubing, North Bratislava, Kirostan, Zemnaya Svoboda, Koda-Land, Notyoutopia, Trillius, Tappan Hills, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Q w e r t y, The United States of Romania, Saturns Edge, Shadowrik, Kwaj, Steampunk Ariel, THX1138, United Draconia, Jasminlandia, Dar es Saalam, Sil Dorsett, Frances Francis the First of France, Guer Aike, Sunto, Selfgradatude, Federation Terra Australis, Misuvelia, Spartoptia, and 47 others.Tsardom of Leonlandia, Novare Res, Black Templares, Buckerino, Unimaginable Doom, Plangainer, Ibiscaton, General COE, Unsophisticate, Guslantis, SillyString, Maott, Steraz, Sheldanada, Racoda, Wineclaw, Ejhsa, The Notorious Mad Jack, New Pruessen, Holy Oranz, Kasazzastan, Liberum Mundi, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Lomjia, Torakuen, 1 very fast endotarter, New Bremerton, Pasargad, Sanjurika, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, Niradans, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Haor Chall, Noahs Second Country, Castle Federation, Former English Colony, Test for a new hope, Rynion, Elder Realms, The Black Cathedral, and GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO.