The Queendom of River Yui is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 6.165 billion River Yuians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish River Yuian economy, worth 103 trillion Silvers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is 16,804 Silvers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is compulsory and Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. River Yui's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : River Yui's influence in Cynosure rose from "Minnow" to "Instigator".
- : River Yui altered its national flag.
- : River Yui relocated from Osiris to Cynosure.
- : River Yui was refounded in Osiris.
- : River Yui ceased to exist in Cynosure.
- : River Yui's influence in Cynosure rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : River Yui's influence in Cynosure rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : River Yui's influence in Cynosure rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : River Yui's influence in Cynosure rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : River Yui's influence in Cynosure rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".