The People's Republic of Rippardine is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Hannibal with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 1.113 billion Rippers are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baltimore. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Rippardinean economy, worth 80.6 trillion Fullers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,404 Fullers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
School children asked "what is two times two?" are likely to form a symposium to discuss how different answers make them feel, Hannibal has just been declared ruler of Rippardine in an international press conference, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians, and the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rippardine's national animal is the Ravenstag, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rippardine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Rippardine was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Rippardine was endorsed by The Completely Free Nation of Entitize.
- : Rippardine was endorsed by The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : Rippardine was endorsed by The Kingdom of Paplia.
- : Following new legislation in Rippardine, the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it.
- : Following new legislation in Rippardine, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Rippardine changed its national leader to "Hannibal".
- : Following new legislation in Rippardine, Hannibal has just been declared ruler of Rippardine in an international press conference.
- : Rippardine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Ransium, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Verdant Haven, Novian Republics, Ownzone, Feladria, Love and Nature, Edible Plywood, Kinectia, Bregaria, Frieden-und Freudenland, Eryndlynd, Window Land, Reannia, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Ironic Remarks, Ordand, Caterasia, The Void Territories, Greyveldt, The Black Forrest, Lura, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Chilledsville, Forgotten Beauty, Cheloboria, Hyon Delta, Ziotah and Riverside, Dwardossa, Canaltia, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Groenwald, Burkhai, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, McClandia Doge 2, Paplia, Heidgaudr, Entitize, and Rivienland.