The Republic of Rijland is a huge, safe nation, notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 232 million Rijlandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 56.1%.
The very strong Rijlandian economy, worth 16.5 trillion Ris a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 71,289 Ris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The Rijlandian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...", schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, and corporate executives continue to enjoy generous tax benefits while the public is taxed to the hilt. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rijland's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rijland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, corporate executives continue to enjoy generous tax benefits while the public is taxed to the hilt.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, the Rijlandian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...".
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Rijland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
Endorsements Received: 128 » Republic of Satherland, The Kingdom of Denmark, Regnum Italiae, Apabeossie, Slavonia and Srijem, Brakanistan, St Scarlett, Super Happy Land, Belgique et France, Domton, Libertyca, Umeria, Outer Sparta, Kalifer and Baska, The Champions League, Chefactastyan, Northern German Federation, Walfo, Falvaard, The Fair Republic, Socialist Balkans, Elisabethshagen, Thracia Republic, Troltovia, Lord Sapre, Carphelia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Romana Imperium de Italia, Wessex and Cornwall, Shagolaa, Bohomo, Kaspinia, GanymedEuropa, Jim the Baptist, Kardjali, Weltbeherrschung, Nea Europa, Free Furentenia, Boxist, The Seven Provinces, Viciebskaja, Nardin, Novabritannia, Purgatio, Soviet Taoistan, Pilipinas and Malaya, Bahnhofstrasse, Ostermarch, Wombelland, and 78 others.Galway-Dublin, The Scandinavian Realm, Dark Matter, Anskerdank, Blighteria, Enway, British Alban, Irminsulia, South St Maarten, Einswenn, Lieges, Puerto Thelosia, Boldia, North of Americas, Slavorussia, Chioganah, The Mongol Plain, Preusses, Porury, Bathera, Quentenia, Mallesia, Corthaen, Nuweland, Saiwania, Leszno, Eritei, Locahsianea, Kingdom Of Krakow, Yoannes, Maritzal, Dauershire, Trixeland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Arorska, Amicities, Germany Third Reich, Garya, Bounapartia, Migurson, Velosia, Rouvenor, Thracia and Crimea, The New Nordic Union, Lovisa, New Ylicia, Milfgaerd, Neo-Europa, Imperium Anglorum, Invernessia, Barna, Evergreen Keys, ENOTRIA, Capitun, The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, Rotenstein, Pazano, The Jacobite Republic of Stewartania, Volara, Greater Tomland, Durlia, Legique, Feria-Alkaline, The-British-Isles, The Ivory Tower of Academia, Elitestland, An Clar, Stromia, Rhinowolf, Lyallpur, Balto-League, Sienkahn, Leranditale, Eesenland, Supcotia, Diets, Jarmia, and New Petra.