The Democratic Republic of Rigasta is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Stevo Pendarovski with an even hand, and remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 1.453 billion Rigans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skopje. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Riggish economy, worth 139 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 95,996 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Extreme hiring regulations mean a job in Rigasta is often a lifetime appointment, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, every week is blindness awareness week, and all the world's a stage for Riggish political theatrics. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rigasta's national animal is the reindeer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rigasta was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Greater Thessaloniki.
- : Following new legislation in Rigasta, all the world's a stage for Riggish political theatrics.
- : Following new legislation in Rigasta, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Rigasta, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- : Rigasta voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Headquarters"".
- : Rigasta endorsed The Confederal Directorate of Aura Banitia.
- : Rigasta was endorsed by The Confederal Directorate of Aura Banitia.
- : Rigasta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Rigasta, extreme hiring regulations mean a job in Rigasta is often a lifetime appointment.
- : Following new legislation in Rigasta, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Thracia Republic, Invernessia, Elisabethshagen, Inner Planets, Mynox, Meropis, Northern German Federation, Gliesetonia, Saint Domingo, Eco-Paris Reformation, Irminsulia, North of Americas, Yahlia, Destyntine, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Jim the Baptist, Imperium Anglorum, Warzakie, St Scarlett, Daulle, Eppur, Dark Matter, The States of Texas and Arkansas, GanymedEuropa, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Walfo, The Champions League, Apabeossie, Regnum Italiae, Gutarike, NorthPortugal, Nardin, Thracia and Crimea, Zuenei, Noristoniaka, Hulldom, Othenhiem, New Eestiball, Freyana, Nomaida, Kanokla, Girvage, Abject Ludicrosity, Europe a Nation, Nevelja, Maalat, Falvaard, Brijska Drzava, Pilipinas and Malaya, Ombran, and 22 others.Ostermarch, Sloburg, Deftern, Parliamentary Laramidia, Scytharum, Greater Tugaland, Trixeland, Zulrich, Quentenia, Slavorussia, Ausvelt, The New Nordic Union, Almion, Chioganah, Kyrica, Gorgano, The Federal States of Ezasao, Liecter, The Balkan Union state, Valtrona, Aura Banitia, and Greater Thessaloniki.