The Startling Empire of Riemstagrad is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Farao Rambert IV with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 30.409 billion Riems live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riemstagradgrad. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Riem economy, worth a remarkable 3,269 trillion dinars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 107,501 dinars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 435,868 per year while the poor average 17,649, a ratio of 24.7 to 1.
Tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Riemstagradgrad as a backdrop, future leaders of Riemstagrad regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview, and the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Riemstagrad's national animal is the agapornis, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Heavy Metal.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Riemstagrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Aimdar-Goomdar".
- : Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Riemstagrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Worldwide Free Trade and Sales Agreement".
- : Riemstagrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Reaffirm The Right to a fair Trial ".
- : Riemstagrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Reintroduce the Coordinating of Relief Aid".
- : Riemstagrad approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Anarchestan".
- : Riemstagrad lodged a message on the Belgium Regional Message Board.
- : Riemstagrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Riemstagrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".