|Leader||HE Andreas Bombardone|
The Republic of Ridnez is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by HE Andreas Bombardone with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 837 million Ridnezites are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centro Nuovo. The average income tax rate is 46.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Ridnezite economy, worth 89.8 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,252 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Criminals are thrown to the eagles to repay their debt to society, bands of paramedics walk the streets looking for suspicious medical activity, thrift shops are closing their doors, and the true length of the coastline of Ridnez may never be measured. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ridnez's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ridnez was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Ridnez published "Official State Bulletin: An Plan For National Post-War Prosperity - A Communique to the People of this Venerable Confederation - Part II" (Bulletin: Opinion).
- : Ridnez published "Official State Bulletin: An Plan For National Post-War Prosperity - A Communique to the People of this Venerable Confederation" (Bulletin: Opinion).
- : Following new legislation in Ridnez, the true length of the coastline of Ridnez may never be measured.
- : Following new legislation in Ridnez, thrift shops are closing their doors.
- : Following new legislation in Ridnez, bands of paramedics walk the streets looking for suspicious medical activity.
- : Following new legislation in Ridnez, criminals are thrown to the eagles to repay their debt to society.
- : Following new legislation in Ridnez, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Ridnez voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Following new legislation in Ridnez, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
Endorsements Received: 27 » West Heisen, ShrewLlamaLand, Oigrim, Aeioux, Trivilin, Jefferson Club, Russian States of Eurasia, Depackya, Jocospor, The Destroyers of Christianity, Feuraxia, HMS NHS, VlaRiSsiA, MineLegotipony, Hunem, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, Thorstonia, Panthera Order, The Yeetusa, Supolinia, New Destrucion, Systemic Corruption, United Tatumia, Eternal Iron, Hellslayer, Medici Empire, and East Turzikstan.