The Stratocracy of Ribanzi is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Commander with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, digital currency, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 10.02 billion Ribans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moonlight. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Riban economy, worth a remarkable 3,047 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 304,147 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students learn how to disarm mines before understanding basic arithmetic, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot, and children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ribanzi's national animal is the commando, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Bushido.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ribanzi, children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is.
- : Following new legislation in Ribanzi, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot.
- : Following new legislation in Ribanzi, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Ribanzi was endorsed by The Enlightened State of Zidium.
- : Ribanzi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Ribanzi, students learn how to disarm mines before understanding basic arithmetic.
- : Ribanzi endorsed The Armed Republic of NewImperia.
- : Following new legislation in Ribanzi, the "swords to plowshares" policy has created a generation of farmers that can kill a yak from 200 yards away.
- : Following new legislation in Ribanzi, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Ribanzi, bars are packed at all hours.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Aivintis, New Leganes, Asendavia, East Malaysia, A mean old man, VW53Aland, Brotherland, Marrabuk, Chalan, Axdel, Hizuru, Debluu, Enlil, East Deslang, Kangarawa, Federated States of Zootron, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Drunken Seal Islands, United China Nation, Bai Lung, Lyontisia, Freedomindia, Kucia, Roliganistan, The Three States of Fortuna, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wiranath, Kaigi, Dannemarie, Goodnamesarerare, CheeseBurrito, The Empire of Rijelv, Harro Waarudho, Adavan, Kampf Empire, Rhealaliit, Pekweng, Lanagon, Slys Paws, Headpat Central, The Almighty Country, Republic of Berzerkistan, Ridann, Taurora, Pakitsk, Propwash, Monezambique, Adolanta, Kalaratri, and 57 others.Trimmania, Dragonia, Kriov, Ripsylvania, Coruh, Seri Tai Republic, Abtracnt, Rainbow Vests, Land of Corporations, Empire of Dabiristan, Ulvesogullr, Sandboxford, Tshana, West Swedania, Edmontia, Wanabe, Stellar Colonies, Fellon, Cacnesia, Canadian Technocrats, Aeljae, Scaperlancobbinstan, Dravida India, Slonful, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Chria Deau, North Bernia, Sen Jast, Evrigenis, Thurland, Kagorg Bra Corna, 3 14159265358979323846264, Blobon, Rikos Isles, Mardom, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Nevertopia, Bogliqia, Tassirion, The Marlands, Merlovich, Tyrosalem, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Verconia, Gernmark, Kaldrbuth, Kond Mex Ethostorgel, Isole Ionie, Triumphiam, Santa Dystopia, Malayika, Roissyland, United Citizens, Palladion State, Veterans Association, NewImperia, and Zidium.