The Republic of Rhoderius is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chairwoman Veseeré Zythan with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-working, democratic population of 6.196 billion Rhoderians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kailé. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rhoderian economy, worth 384 trillion Crubaqs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is 62,045 Crubaqs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, the nationalistic national anthem inspires citizens to literally spit at foreigners, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhoderius's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Rhoderius's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Rhoderius's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Rhoderius's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Rhoderius's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Rhoderius relocated from Osiris to Balder.
- : Rhoderius was refounded in Osiris.
- : Rhoderius ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Rhoderius's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Rhoderius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.