|Leader||Grand Duke Lucien Romali|
|Animal||Lotis Blue Butterfly|
The Grand Duchy of Rhodaesa is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Grand Duke Lucien Romali with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.494 billion Rhodaesans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rosalae. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rhodaesan economy, worth 149 trillion Fleudairs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,342 Fleudairs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBR Governor goes house hunting, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, and parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhodaesa's national animal is the Lotis Blue Butterfly, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rhodaesa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Rhodaesa, parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children.
- : Following new legislation in Rhodaesa, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Following new legislation in Rhodaesa, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop.
- : Following new legislation in Rhodaesa, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBR Governor goes house hunting.
- : Rhodaesa was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Rhodaesa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Rhodaesa endorsed The Caspian Commonwealth of Dabarastan.
- : Following new legislation in Rhodaesa, unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims.
- : Following new legislation in Rhodaesa, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Greater Icelandia, Warzakie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Meropis, The Champions League, West Atone, The Templar Papal New State, Invernessia, An Clar, Yahlia, St Scarlett, Thracia and Crimea, Irminsulia, North of Americas, Eppur, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Walfo, Kanokla, Saint Domingo, United Communes of Chile, Northern German Federation, NorthPortugal, Zulrich, Nardin, Apabeossie, Tschechisches Reich, GanymedEuropa, Jim the Baptist, Estellan, Dark Matter, Elisabethshagen, Imperium Anglorum, Someseni, Regnum Italiae, Leranditale, The New Nordic Union, Gliesetonia, Brakanistan, Galway-Dublin, Quentenia, New Ylicia, Arbere, Sloburg, Savinecross, The Federal States of Ezasao, Stromia, Trixeland, Alsted, Belvanski, and 22 others.Wombelland, Agausia, Berlin and Hanover, Ausvelt, Othenhiem, Europe a Nation, Rary, Armbruster, United States of Russia1, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Marvingia, Dabarastan, Heplon, Gorzi, Noristoniaka, Dervenland, Arsenial, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Corsoaua, Greycastle, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.