|Leader||Supreme Consul Tiberius|
The Empire of Rhinocera is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Supreme Consul Tiberius with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.652 billion Rhinocerans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crete. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Rhinoceran economy, worth a remarkable 2,899 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 248,807 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 911,235 per year while the poor average 48,138, a ratio of 18.9 to 1.
Attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high, people think garlic bread counts as one of their "five a day", hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", and preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhinocera's national animal is the rhinoceros, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rhinocera's influence in Panessos fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Rhinocera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Rhinocera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Rhinocera altered its national flag.
- : Rhinocera's influence in Panessos rose from "Zero" to "Powerbroker".
- : Rhinocera relocated from Lazarus to Panessos.
- : Rhinocera's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Rhinocera applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Rhinocera was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Rhinocera ceased to exist in Panessos.