|Leader||Federal Assembly of the Cantabric|
The Most Serene Republic of Revilluca is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Federal Assembly of the Cantabric with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 828 million Revillucans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Santander. The average income tax rate is 84.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Revillucan economy, worth 57.1 trillion Sobaos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 68,921 Sobaos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, the government burgles the houses of holidaying citizens, prison visits increase substantially during election years, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Revilluca's national animal is the Anchoa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Revilluca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Revilluca, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Following new legislation in Revilluca, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Revilluca, the government burgles the houses of holidaying citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Revilluca, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : Following new legislation in Revilluca, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read.
- : Following new legislation in Revilluca, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Revilluca endorsed The Free Land of Creatrix.
- : Revilluca's influence in The Leftist Assembly rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Revilluca was endorsed by The Free Land of Creatrix.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Antinios, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Ghillemear, Silverfish37, Ephros, Nepacton Murt, Nangka, Llorens, Dyl, MacSwiney, Soviet Catgirls, New Russsia, Sylvlakia, New Volica, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Anarchocommunists of the World, Asturies-Llion, New Arkados, Grod Island, Roma Norte, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Argentigrad, Transcommunist Republics, Anioniotopia, Socialist Great Picardy, Picuros, Claiomha, Kaamapoori, Slackertown, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Zaratov, Kawany, Bisht, Delegations, Idontknowium, Ezmwalia, and Creatrix.