The FIRST ORDER of Republic of Defenders is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The humorless population of 3.842 billion Republic of defendersians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Over Protection. The average income tax rate is 73.4%.
The all-consuming Republic of Defendersian economy, worth 294 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 76,618 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
The death penalty has been reintroduced, prison visits increase substantially during election years, the "blue screen of death" forces many trials to be either aborted or restarted, and Republic of Defenders's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Republic of Defenders's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Republic of Defenders, Republic of Defenders's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
- : Republic of Defenders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Boston".
- : Republic of Defenders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Asbestos Consumption, Disposal and Worker Protection".
- : Republic of Defenders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Desertification".
- : Republic of Defenders's influence in Geopolity rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Republic of Defenders was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Republic of Defenders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Agricultural Invasive Species Act".
- : Republic of Defenders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Knootoss".
- : Republic of Defenders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of Religion".
- : Republic of Defenders was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 1 » United Techno Corporations.