|Leader||Interim Mr Sniffleheim|
The Humanist Stratocracy of Renlei is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Interim Mr Sniffleheim with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, vat-grown people, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 4.148 billion Renli are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jinbu. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 46.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Rende economy, worth 601 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 144,998 Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 800,364 per year while the poor average 13,273, a ratio of 60.3 to 1.
Movies depict muscle-bound women kicking down a titanium door to carry hysterical men to safety, gossip magazines have pictures of Interim Mr Sniffleheim sunbathing on the beach with political rivals, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets, and school kids who pretend to drive imaginary cars get a social worker and a police observer assigned to them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Renlei's national animal is the Siberian Husky, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Renlei was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Renlei was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Renlei's influence in Greater Nasunia fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Renlei's influence in Greater Nasunia fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Renlei's influence in Greater Nasunia fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : Renlei's influence in Greater Nasunia fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Renlei was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Renlei's influence in Greater Nasunia fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Renlei's influence in Greater Nasunia rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Renlei's influence in Greater Nasunia rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".