The Soviet Socialist Republic of Remnants of Crock is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Cohan with an iron fist, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, frequent executions, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 10.277 billion Americans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Healthcare, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Richfield. The average income tax rate is 49.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient American economy, worth a remarkable 1,878 trillion Revolutionary credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 182,746 Revolutionary credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm, many marriages go virtually unconsummated, libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés, and science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Remnants of Crock's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Remnants of Crock's influence in Warzone Asia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Remnants of Crock's influence in Warzone Asia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Remnants of Crock's influence in Warzone Asia rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Remnants of Crock relocated from The Rejected Realms to Warzone Asia.
- : Remnants of Crock was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Remnants of Crock was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Remnants of Crock's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Remnants of Crock's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Remnants of Crock's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Remnants of Crock's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".