The Commonwealth of Relica is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 19.862 billion Relicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare are ignored. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Relican economy, worth a remarkable 2,501 trillion Relican Marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 125,921 Relican Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has always been at war with Bigtopia, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, and the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Relica's national animal is the Honey Bee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Relica's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Relica's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Relica's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Relica's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Relica's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Relica relocated from Osiris to Greater Dienstad.
- : Relica was refounded in Osiris.
- : Relica ceased to exist in Greater Dienstad.
- : Following new legislation in Relica, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Relica was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, Largest Mining Sector, and Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 5% for Highest Unexpected Death Rate and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.