The Empire of RegiisCarmina is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Guirle Maquidermis with an even hand, and renowned for its digital currency, enslaved workforce, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 3.865 billion RegiisCarminans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mastisya. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient RegiisCarminan economy, worth 393 trillion RegCars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 101,753 RegCars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens, and unpopular politicians are often caught between a rock and a hard place. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. RegiisCarmina's national animal is the palaocos, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Zaz.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : RegiisCarmina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : RegiisCarmina voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : RegiisCarmina's influence in Voltarium rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : RegiisCarmina agreed to construct embassies between Voltarium and The Roleplay Chessboard.
- : RegiisCarmina's influence in Voltarium rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : RegiisCarmina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in RegiisCarmina, unpopular politicians are often caught between a rock and a hard place.
- : RegiisCarmina approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Candensia".
- : Following new legislation in RegiisCarmina, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in RegiisCarmina, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.