|Capital||the Admin Tower|
The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Arch-Administrator Luca with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 4.75 billion Refugi hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Admin Tower. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Refugi economy, worth 890 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 187,417 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The sound of wooden legs echo throughout Refuge Isle after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent, and bins outnumber trees in city parks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Refuge Isle's national animal is the SimpleBot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Zyqxuwy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Queendom of Ellamaa.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Confederacy of Tre Bia Land.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Dominion of Melenavenia.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Refuge Isle was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Flowery Dragons Den of Indimu.
- : Refuge Isle voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Islandic Colony of Floofybit.