|Capital||the Admin Tower|
The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Arch-Administrator McGrath with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 3.148 billion Refugi are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Admin Tower. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Refugi economy, worth 510 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 162,096 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned, many marriages go virtually unconsummated, bris parties are all the rage, and most barbers are also surgeons. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Refuge Isle's national animal is the simplebot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Zyqxuwy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, most barbers are also surgeons.
- : Refuge Isle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Arch-Administrator McGrath's wardrobe.
- : Refuge Isle lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.
- : Refuge Isle ejected and banned The Queendom of Udalgushans from Refugia.
- : Refuge Isle ejected and banned The Principality of Iraedihwoleem from Refugia.
- : Refuge Isle ejected and banned The United Kingdom of Innosuenasgen from Refugia.