|Capital||the Admin Tower|
The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Arch-Administrator Luca with a fair hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, ubiquitous missile silos, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.796 billion Refugi are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Admin Tower. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Refugi economy, worth a remarkable 3,167 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 293,364 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The banshee wail foretells skies of death, families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones, and the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Refuge Isle's national animal is the SimpleBot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Zyqxuwy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Imperial Union of Vandermeer.
- : Refuge Isle lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.
- : Refuge Isle endorsed The Empire of Variosik.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Ever-changing flag of Aephony.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Aeonss.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs.
- : Refuge Isle endorsed The United Kingdom of Aeonss.
- : Refuge Isle endorsed The Empire of Petruaca.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Typica, Bejeweled Potatoes, The Pacific Northwest, Tageszentia, Jail Guitar Doors, Mys Vima, Estebere, Duneraven, Noweyr, Jazur, Fadnesia, Liphia, Sylh Alanor, Antrania, Tiralta, Swahsdarb, Wodsustein, New Milford City Embassy Complex A-5, Ban Oldern, Weirtopia, Ullrani, Nahelia, Dilectri, Almander, Nekhuser-Ra, Pantumaca, Daymo, Araine, Fiverdom, Toothbrush, Bibliotheca, Tuluni, Stagorod, Poquaoi, Schuera, The Merinos, Junitaki-cho, Ansgar, Agudo Island, Delta Vega IV, Crownedland, Yosticia, Melenavenia, Ethierys, Honlan, Tovenia, Blauwskjold, Narwhal, Ruppelia, The Star Enpire, and 22 others.Altruismia, ASEANINDIA, Floreznia, Osheaga, Blunts, Pompier-Pyromane, Heinfield, St Leone, Icelets, Izordinia, Kodian republic, Detjavikstan, Talmon, Uwuguaya, Liber Communes, Bismarck-Tirpitz, Mare Stellarum, Siheom, Elamiria, Aeonss, Aephony, and Vandermeer.