|Leader||Fantastic Immortal Lord Protector Nefton|
The Immortal Empire of Refarria is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Fantastic Immortal Lord Protector Nefton with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.876 billion Refarrians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neftonville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Refarrian economy, worth 521 trillion Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 134,555 Yen, with the richest citizens earning 6.9 times as much as the poorest.
Standing on a chair to reach a top shelf is seen as evidence of narcissistic personality disorder, the disabled are forced to undergo an MRI scan every time they pick up their benefit payments, nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise, and garden stores are not allowed to sell water butts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Refarria's national animal is the Crow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Neftonasism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Refarria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Refarria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Refarria's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Refarria relocated from Lazarus to Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Refarria's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Refarria's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Refarria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Largest Black Market and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry, Lowest Crime Rates, and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Refarria altered its national flag.
- : Refarria was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Refarria ceased to exist in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.