|Leader||Prime Minister Gabriel|
The United Democracy of Redwood-Gabriel is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Gabriel with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.864 billion Redwood-Gabrielians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Homeyopolis. The average income tax rate is 62.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Redwood-Gabrielian economy, worth 234 trillion Carters a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 81,929 Carters, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients, and civil servants spend most their time carrying out risk assessments for paper cuts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Redwood-Gabriel's national animal is the White Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Redwood-Gabriel changed its national motto to "Redwood!".
- : Following new legislation in Redwood-Gabriel, civil servants spend most their time carrying out risk assessments for paper cuts.
- : Redwood-Gabriel voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of expression for organisations".
- : Redwood-Gabriel was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Redwood-Gabriel was endorsed by The Dominion of Tripla.
- : Redwood-Gabriel changed its national motto to "Power to the people, not to the businesses!".
- : Following new legislation in Redwood-Gabriel, drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients.
- : Redwood-Gabriel was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Redwood-Gabriel, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : Redwood-Gabriel lodged a message on the Ridgefield Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 14 » DiRito-Opolis, Betmet, Brokemia, The Ysion, The Sunmen, The Red Legionate, Helaw, Bus Chingaistan, Greenfeather, Tsarist Unions, Xetchacoa, Union of Socialist Republic of The Isle, Bolderdash, and Whitcomb Kingdom.