The People's Republic of Red Sanguina is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, democratic population of 658 million Red Sanguinans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 88.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Red Sanguinan economy, worth 67.7 trillion Sanguines a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 102,850 Sanguines, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment, dining out often involves Red pandas on the plate no matter what you order, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests, and soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Red Sanguina's national animal is the Red panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Red Sanguina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Red Sanguina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Red Sanguina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Red Sanguina withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Red Sanguina, soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets.
- : Following new legislation in Red Sanguina, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests.
- : Following new legislation in Red Sanguina, dining out often involves Red pandas on the plate no matter what you order.
- : Following new legislation in Red Sanguina, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Following new legislation in Red Sanguina, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Red Sanguina was endorsed by The Free Land of Lotlan.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Zerphen, Islati Scyia, Bernieland Republic, Carrico, Duravia, Restart, Medlidande, International Socialist Union, Space Lads, Darfaria, Doultrenia, Attempted Socialism, Slanetria, Bohstavia, Minahasa, MKAS, Vamia Adzukind, Pertsjan, The Commune of Meddle, Upcrus, Terranova-Serre, Morabai, Esgeirimmen, Puhon, Ainares, Tsaien, Alphonsia, Monitiopia, Bruksemark, The American Continentes, Meorlanorde, Karlos, Subspacia, Libella, Asturian Nations, Anarcho Syndicalist Korea, Arma Extosia, East Asian Socialist Union, and Dominguez Hills.