|Leader||Marshal James Yoast|
The Federation of Recon Island is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Marshal James Yoast with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 874 million Recon Islandians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wheatland. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 29.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Recon Islandian economy, worth 139 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Gambling. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 159,308 Marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 459,386 per year while the poor average 43,856, a ratio of 10.5 to 1.
Any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the Wheatland River, Marshal James Yoast's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, and visions of giant pink Coyotes are a common side effect after Recon Islandians eat their meals. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Recon Island's national animal is the Coyote, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Recon Island was endorsed by The Kingdom of Santa Pace.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, visions of giant pink Coyotes are a common side effect after Recon Islandians eat their meals.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, Marshal James Yoast's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the Wheatland River.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Recon Island voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, convicted conmen and fraudsters often leave prison to enter a career in politics.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- : Recon Island was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
Endorsements Received: 108 » Nooooooooooooooo, Valentian Elysium, Colonel Terrosit, Solarampa, Krystalveil, The Pipiles, Zeganas, Tamsalin, Wysrod, New Fania, Ascended Union, A R V E R N A, Saybel, Quwoe, Karlando, Republic of Libriano, BRVTOPIA, Airday, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Final Universal Order, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Discotheque, Greenmont Federation, Jimjam Goober, Isentran, Anollasia, Iontan, Chip Skylark, Kebecois, Northern Nivaria, Johnne Green, Kaltovar, Eazykillerstan, Tills, AciaciaMont, Sheathacaeia, Nemohsis, Est Edmus Turs, Zinzdan, United East Republics, West Whale, Hellenic Exusia, The Republic of Osea, Maddledom, Achiotopia, Amabanana, The Soylent Green Party, Afriesinele, City of Saint Nicolas, and 58 others.Sovieka, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, A Country Run by Scientists, Untied coconuts government, Evertopia, Itic, The Pizza, Liberdon, Alleida, Lunador, Nilveroe, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, Andaristiva, United North American Islands, Empire of Red, KaldDalen, Vivolkha, Drewish, Ferte, Calrad, Creeptopia, Isla Alcyon, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Bailsland, Islands of Czechia, Lisokyo, Eppur, Bortheria, Porymonia, Marxist Germany, 1337 republic, Solsevara, HumanSanity, Blogotopia, Tzo, Serbianistan, Keswickholt, Zeloria, Makykay, Galimania, Hohenzollern-Habsburg, AshGMR, The unidet Of life, Nea Komnenia, Indus Valley States, Manust Orini, Skamor, Namakan, Diahn, Free Fremovanja, Prairiesora, and Santa Pace.