The Serene Islands of Rebellious Saints is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Montegu Sylver with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.862 billion Rebellious saints are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halfmoon Wood. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Saint economy, worth a remarkable 1,302 trillion Indulgences a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 165,610 Indulgences, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right, builders across Rebellious Saints are blocked up with orders for new public loos, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read, and beggars lack pockets for spare change. Crime is totally unknown. Rebellious Saints's national animal is the weasel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rebellious Saints voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Decriminalization Act".
- : Rebellious Saints voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Statement on the Nuclear Apocalypse".
- : Rebellious Saints was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Rebellious Saints, beggars lack pockets for spare change.
- : Rebellious Saints was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Rebellious Saints voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Recreational Drugs Compact".
- : Rebellious Saints voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend LadyRebels".
- : Rebellious Saints voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Identity Theft".
- : Rebellious Saints was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Rebellious Saints voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europa"".