The Republic of Reathwood is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.062 billion Reathwooders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 28.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Reathwood economy, worth 58.1 trillion shillings a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 54,672 shillings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls, the aims of top-secret Reathwood science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, and criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Reathwood's national animal is the golden drake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Reathwood resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Reathwood voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Reathwood's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Reathwood endorsed The Commonwealth of Osemira.
- : Reathwood was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Osemira.
- : Reathwood endorsed The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia.
- : Reathwood was endorsed by The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia.
- : Reathwood endorsed Romsland.
- : Reathwood was endorsed by Romsland.
- : Reathwood voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Minineenee".