The Republic of Ratsirana is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, cynical population of 446 million Ratsiranans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48.6%.
The Ratsiranan economy, worth 22.1 trillion Ratsiran Shillings a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 49,605 Ratsiran Shillings, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Nose plugs are the latest Ratsiranan fashion accessory, a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat", groups of three or more trees are cut down in the name of 'child safety', and it's considered a civil right to be allowed to neglect and mistreat your own children. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ratsirana's national animal is the Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ratsirana's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ratsirana published "Political parties" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Ratsirana's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ratsirana's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ratsirana's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ratsirana altered its national flag.
- : Ratsirana was refounded in Osiris.
- : Ratsirana ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Ratsirana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Ratsirana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.