The Republic of Rain of Roses is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 4.831 billion Rain of Rosesians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. The average income tax rate is 46.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Rain of Rosesian economy, worth 274 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,866 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glancing at the car radio display while driving is treated as attempted homicide, exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting, people's charity begins and ends at home, and pilots always remember to send their doctors a Maxxmas card. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rain of Roses's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Indian Royals fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Indian Royals rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Indian Royals rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Rain of Roses relocated from Useless zone to Indian Royals.
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Useless zone rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Useless zone rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Useless zone rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Useless zone rose from "Envoy" to "Power".
- : Rain of Roses's influence in Useless zone rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Rain of Roses resigned from the World Assembly.