The Federal Republic of Rafael Castillo is a huge, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 728 million Rafael Castilloans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 11.2%.
The Rafael Castilloan economy, worth 40.4 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 55,525 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Rafael Castillo's national animal is the panther.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rafael Castillo relocated from Cookerzerkhistan to Nihon.
- : Rafael Castillo resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Rafael Castillo relocated from Crystal Falls to Cookerzerkhistan.
- : Rafael Castillo endorsed The Armed Republic of Nagaramarin Uniform.
- : Rafael Castillo was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Rafael Castillo relocated from Nihon to Crystal Falls.
- : Rafael Castillo applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Rafael Castillo's influence in Nihon rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Rafael Castillo's influence in Nihon fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Rafael Castillo's influence in Nihon rose from "Zero" to "Page".