The Republic of Racing is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 17.281 billion Racingians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, International Aid, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Racing City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.0%.
The strong Racingian economy, worth 873 trillion Checkered Flags a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 50,545 Checkered Flags, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 338,692 per year while the poor average 2,836, a ratio of 119 to 1.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, trespassers often find themselves impaled by crossbow bolts, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu', and artificial intelligence seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Racing's national animal is the Speed Demon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Racing's influence in Esportiva rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Racing relocated from Osiris to Esportiva.
- : Racing was refounded in Osiris.
- : Racing ceased to exist in Esportiva.
- : Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Racing was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The United Provinces of Xanneria, curing 44 million infected.
- : Racing was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The United Provinces of Xanneria, curing 29 million infected.
- : Racing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.