The Republic of Racing is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, restrictive gun laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.695 billion Racingians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, International Aid, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Racing City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.1%.
The strong Racingian economy, worth 526 trillion Checkered Flags a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 49,217 Checkered Flags, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 461,151 per year while the poor average 440, a ratio of 1,046 to 1.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, trespassers often find themselves impaled by crossbow bolts, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu', and artificial intelligence seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Racing's national animal is the Speed Demon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Racing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Racing's influence in Esportiva rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Racing's influence in Esportiva rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Racing's influence in Esportiva rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Racing's influence in Esportiva rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Racing's influence in Esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Racing lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- : Racing relocated from NS Sports to Esportiva.