|Animal||Double axe stone lion|
The Protectorate of Quona is a large, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory vegetarianism, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 97 million Aquitans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Aquitan economy, worth 2.62 trillion Coronas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 27,045 Coronas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, state dairy cow's milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small-caliber bullets, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, and elections have been outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quona's national animal is the Double axe stone lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quona's influence in Rhodia fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Following new legislation in Quona, elections have been outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Quona, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Following new legislation in Quona, state dairy cow's milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small-caliber bullets.
- : The Empire of Great Aquita appointed Quona as Officer of communications and people's choice with authority over Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Rhodia.
- : Quona's influence in Rhodia fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Quona was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist and Safest.
- : Quona resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Quona, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Following new legislation in Quona, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.