The Empire of Quach is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 473 million Quachians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.3%.
The strong Quachian economy, worth 26.0 trillion Yuris a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 54,981 Yuris, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 181,643 per year while the poor average 12,446, a ratio of 14.6 to 1.
Dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', schoolboys trained in chivalry are encouraged to duel other boys for a maiden's hand, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist, and unemployment rates have skyrocketed as businesses abandon the country in search of cheap labour. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Quach's national animal is the Bleakers Falcon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quach's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Quach's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Quach was refounded in Osiris.
- : Quach ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Quach's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Quach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Quach, unemployment rates have skyrocketed as businesses abandon the country in search of cheap labour.
- : Quach applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Quach, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Quach, schoolboys trained in chivalry are encouraged to duel other boys for a maiden's hand.