|Leader||His Serene Majesty King ALBERT QAYYUM|
The Greatest Empire of Qayyum is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by His Serene Majesty King ALBERT QAYYUM with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.697 billion malays have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silver City. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient malay economy, worth 190 trillion Pents a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 112,174 Pents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign lack of enthusiasm for malay nose-flute disco metal is seen as a reasonable casus belli, opposition party MPs campaign shirtless to show off their numerous lash scars, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers, and stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qayyum's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qayyum was endorsed by The Non violence Republic of I am the one who knocks.
- : Qayyum was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Waterma.
- : Qayyum was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Alsace and Lorraine United.
- : Qayyum was endorsed by The Federation of Ethnon.
- : Qayyum was endorsed by The Community of The United States of Romania.
- : Qayyum was endorsed by The Empire of -Unicorn-.
- : Following new legislation in Qayyum, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Following new legislation in Qayyum, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers.
- : Following new legislation in Qayyum, opposition party MPs campaign shirtless to show off their numerous lash scars.
- : Following new legislation in Qayyum, foreign lack of enthusiasm for malay nose-flute disco metal is seen as a reasonable casus belli.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Notyoutopia, Shin-Hachioji, PlanetPunk, Ka Ching, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Bayern-Straubing, Corfad, Albacria, Selfgradatude, Universal State Formula, Shadowrik, Mzeusia, Ozstan, Yaorozu, Mordant99, Shibutani, Territorio di Nessuno, SillyString, Sunto, Gladio II, Kingdom of Space, Agrauron, Omicron Persei V111, Malta Comino Gozo, Puczovska, Holy Oranz, Atain, Midds Conia, Wineclaw, Thenaca, Frances Francis the First of France, Buckerino, General COE, Yukti, Underground Techno, Guslantis, Sil Dorsett, Siwale, THX1138, Q w e r t y, Illusia and Neverendia, Diodone, Californian Redwood, The Windmilluminati, McMasterdonia, Pallaith, Harjad, Moubarakistan, and 33 others.HMS Unicorn, Former English Colony, Sheppey, Victoriaans Nederlands, Koda-Land, Kylesburgh, Killbear, The Pantheons, Highton Islands, Apetopia, The Gamer Party, Tredano, Eravonia, Whereisthatistan, Racoda, Yaris, Sacrento, United Draconia, Sanjurika, The Mace Kingdom, Zeternia, Sundred, Liberentis, Astal Aavors, Pizza Squared, Empy, Ayylienz, Varagog, The United States of Romania, Ethnon, Alsace and Lorraine United, Waterma, and I am the one who knocks.