The Republic of Qastari is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ariya Mareqi with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful population of 9.876 billion Qastarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Industry, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Drako. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Qastarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,936 trillion Qastari Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 196,045 Qastari Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The navy is hoping to hear the enemy shout "you sank my battleship!", politicians frequently make unusual poses during speeches in hopes of inspiring the next internet fad, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard, and enemy agents are generally eliminated with extreme prejudice. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qastari's national animal is the Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qastari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right To Secure Digital Communication".
- : Qastari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Assemble".
- : Qastari approved the World Assembly proposal "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Qastari was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Qastari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Death Penalty Ban"".
- : Qastari voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Assembly"".
- : Qastari was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Qastari voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Death Penalty Ban".
- : Qastari voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Following new legislation in Qastari, enemy agents are generally eliminated with extreme prejudice.