|Leader||Ariya Khassan al-Mareqi|
The Republic of Qastari is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Ariya Khassan al-Mareqi with an iron fist, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, frequent executions, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 8.224 billion Qastarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Industry, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Drako. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Qastarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,587 trillion Qastari Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 193,040 Qastari Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Airplane passenger seat sizes and ticket prices are both first-class, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, and employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qastari's national animal is the Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qastari approved the World Assembly proposal "Proper Hygiene For Medical Instruments".
- : Following new legislation in Qastari, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Qastari, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Qastari, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Qastari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
- : Qastari lodged a message on the Selene Regional Message Board.
- : Qastari seized the position of Selene WA Delegate from The Thalassocracy of Parthenopias.
- : Qastari was endorsed by The MULTI-TRACK DRIFTING of Evangelous Dimitriou.
- : Qastari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".
- : Following new legislation in Qastari, airplane passenger seat sizes and ticket prices are both first-class.