The Protectorate of Qarpi is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.891 billion Qarpiyns are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ksuhrbucc. The average income tax rate is 49.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Qarpian economy, worth 183 trillion Qyrpts a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 37,593 Qyrpts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation is compulsory, the WhoTube comments section has gone strangely quiet, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, and Qarpi has designated Ksuhrbucc as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Qarpi's national animal is the Qarpiyn kakapo, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Qarpi's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Qarpi's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Qarpi's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Qarpi's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Qarpi's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Qarpi's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Qarpi was refounded in Balder.
- : Qarpi ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Qarpi's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Qarpi's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".