The Republic of Puhon is a huge, genial nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 314 million Puhonistas enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gugma. The average income tax rate is 68.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Puhonian economy, worth 11.6 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 36,891 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents, citizens are yearning to leave Puhon for the countries it sends aid to, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Puhon's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Puhon, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Puhon, citizens are yearning to leave Puhon for the countries it sends aid to.
- : Following new legislation in Puhon, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Puhon, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Following new legislation in Puhon, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise.
- : Puhon endorsed The Republic of Dominguez Hills.
- : Puhon was endorsed by The Republic of Dominguez Hills.
- : Puhon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Puhon, the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Leopard Dung" has been declared a national treasure.
- : Puhon changed its national capital to "Gugma".
Endorsements Received: 54 » Bernieland Republic, Duravia, Yuglonia, Carrico, Space Lads, Attempted Socialism, Darfaria, Vamia Adzukind, Tsaien, Pertsjan, Restart, Mesopoto, Vikedum, Zerphen, Alphonsia, East Nazareth, Upcrus, Minahasa, Slanetria, Red Sanguina, Esgeirimmen, MKAS, Soviet Nationals, Doultrenia, Medlidande, Sino-Terranesia, Islati Scyia, Lucian Victoria, East Asian Socialist Union, Quigon, Absurd Land, The American Continentes, Ainares, The Commune of Meddle, Choveynia, Morabai, Bruksemark, Terranova-Serre, Yorkshire and Herefordshire, Karlos, Babylonid, Monitiopia, Transaeternam, Broa backar, Iamos, Ronasistan, Meorlanorde, Homebrewers, Kedeverat, Subspacia, and 4 others.Arma Extosia, Riwi, Dawnopolis, and Dominguez Hills.