The Armed Republic of Puhja is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, flagrant waste-dumping, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 279 million Puhjans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Puhja City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.1%.
The powerhouse Puhjan economy, worth 26.9 trillion Kroons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is 96,517 Kroons, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 279,122 per year while the poor average 26,463, a ratio of 10.5 to 1.
Embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns, elections are outlawed and a hairstylist has recently received a government appointment, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, and the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Puhjans any less frightened. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Puhja's national animal is the Eurasian Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Puhja, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Puhjans any less frightened.
- : Following new legislation in Puhja, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- : Puhja voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Puhja voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Puhja endorsed The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Puhja was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Following new legislation in Puhja, elections are outlawed and a hairstylist has recently received a government appointment.
- : Following new legislation in Puhja, embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns.
- : Following new legislation in Puhja, people talk about their libido as if it were an STD.
- : Following new legislation in Puhja, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Viciebskaja, The Champions League, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Republic of Satherland, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Regnum Italiae, Saint Domingo, Porury, Imperium Anglorum, Troltovia, Irminsulia, Dark Matter, The Seven Provinces, Eritei, Migurson, ENOTRIA, The Kingdom of Denmark, Walfo, Einswenn, Apabeossie, Umeria, Outer Sparta, Nardin, Galway-Dublin, St Scarlett, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Pilipinas and Malaya, Bavira, The Fair Republic, Free Furentenia, Velosia, Kalifer and Baska, The Mongol Plain, Elisabethshagen, Wessex and Cornwall, Kaspinia, GanymedEuropa, Lyallpur, Slavonia and Srijem, Nea Europa, Anskerdank, North of Americas, Slavorussia, The New Nordic Union, British Alban, HYDRA-Russian Empire, Enway, Thils, and 32 others.Barna, Milfgaerd, Neuchateau, Sloburg, Valskraa, Germany Third Reich, Godefargen, The Greater Eastern Republic, Rotenstein, Gultravia, GeneralStalin, Kenmoria WA Mission, Pazano, Legique, Alsted, Feria-Alkaline, The Ivory Tower of Academia, An Clar, Stromia, Shagolaa, Super Happy Land, Elitestland, The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, Purgatio, Omi Alliance, Sienkahn, Leranditale, Supcotia, Demokratische Republik das Callinean, Jim the Baptist, Socialist Balkans, and Riverpost.