The Democratic Republic of Puerto Oro is a huge, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls and national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 232 million Puerto Oroans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 28.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Puerto Oroan economy, worth 8.42 trillion oroan dollars a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,299 oroan dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices, and charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Puerto Oro's national animal is the bull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Puerto Oro created a custom banner.
- : Puerto Oro's influence in Mediterranean Islands rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Puerto Oro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Puerto Oro voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promoting Sustainable Timber"".
- : Puerto Oro composed a new Welcome Telegram for Mediterranean Islands.
- : Puerto Oro added the tag "Socialist" to Mediterranean Islands.
- : Puerto Oro established the regional flag of Mediterranean Islands.
- : Puerto Oro updated the World Factbook entry in Mediterranean Islands.
- : Puerto Oro lodged a message on the Mediterranean Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Puerto Oro relocated from Enadia to Mediterranean Islands.
Endorsements Received: None.