The Democratic Republic of Pualo Country is a small, orderly nation, remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 36 million Pualoes are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 67.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Pualo Countryian economy, worth 1.70 trillion Pesetas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,127 Pesetas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Traffic tickets are punishable by 9000 push-ups, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, and all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pualo Country's national animal is the MEXICAN EAGLE, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pualo Country's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pualo Country was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Most Conservative.
- : Pualo Country relocated from The West Pacific to Balder.
- : Pualo Country's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pualo Country lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Pualo Country relocated from The South Pacific to The West Pacific.
- : Pualo Country lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Pualo Country relocated from Warsaw Treaty Organization to The South Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Pualo Country, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave.
- : Following new legislation in Pualo Country, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.