The Republic of Providence and Port Hope is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President George Roberts with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 10.065 billion Provincians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals prioritizes Spirituality, although Law & Order, Defense, and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Providence. Income tax is unheard of.
The sizeable but stagnant Provincian economy, worth 99.8 trillion Provincian Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 9,917 Provincian Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 43,555 per year while the poor average 1,419, a ratio of 30.7 to 1.
Councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, the automobile industry is sitting up and taking notice of the new 24 hour race events... as are the track's sleepless neighbours, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, and idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Providence and Port Hope's national animal is the Dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Providence and Port Hope's influence in League of Christian Nations rose from "Zero" to "Envoy".
- : Providence and Port Hope relocated from Libertatem to League of Christian Nations.
- : Providence and Port Hope's influence in Libertatem rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Providence and Port Hope's influence in Libertatem rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Providence and Port Hope's influence in Libertatem rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Providence and Port Hope's influence in Libertatem rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Providence and Port Hope relocated from League of Christian Nations to Libertatem.
- : Providence and Port Hope lodged a message on the League of Christian Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Providence and Port Hope, idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs.
- : Providence and Port Hope was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.