The Federal Republic of Privash is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 476 million Privashians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Privash Osto. The average income tax rate is 84.1%.
The sizeable but inefficient Privashian economy, worth 13.5 trillion Minkons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry. Average income is 28,454 Minkons, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, Privash has designated Privash Osto as its capital city, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Privash Osto as a backdrop, and churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Privash's national animal is the Gorobex, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Privash was endorsed by The Confederacy of Chocholand.
- : Privash was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Privash was endorsed by The Swiftly Tilting Land of Tsunamy.
- : Privash was endorsed by The Kingdom of Churumduul.
- : Following new legislation in Privash, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'.
- : Following new legislation in Privash, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Privash Osto as a backdrop.
- : Privash changed its national capital to "Privash Osto".
- : Following new legislation in Privash, Privash has designated Privash Osto as its capital city.
- : Privash was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Privash's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
Endorsements Received: 29 » Drystar, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, The Filippinas, Xandev, Erinor, Beepee, Kroumos, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Awjan, Jaxon, Concrete Slab, Midand, Anachronolandia, Luddinlande, Aumeltopia, Maletora, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, Akindom, United States of Vietnam, Farengeto, Churumduul, Tsunamy, and Chocholand.