The Manufactured Simulacrum of Prisoner is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Number One with an iron fist, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.624 billion Prisoners are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Village. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 54.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Imprisoned economy, worth a remarkable 1,038 trillion work units a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 136,154 work units, with the richest citizens earning 6.9 times as much as the poorest.
Big Belly is watching you, much of Prisoner's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate, and breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Prisoner's national animal is the Rover, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Information.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Prisoner's influence in Cloak and Dagger fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Prisoner was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Prisoner's influence in Cloak and Dagger rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Superpower".
- : Prisoner altered its national flag.
- : Prisoner relocated from Osiris to Cloak and Dagger.
- : Prisoner was refounded in Osiris.
- : Prisoner ceased to exist in Cloak and Dagger.
- : Prisoner was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Prisoner was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Prisoner's influence in Cloak and Dagger fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".