The Republic of Prekonate is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Chancellor Havlicek with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.838 billion Prekovis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ostrava. The average income tax rate is 42.2%.
The strong Prekovi economy, worth 607 trillion provozzes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is 61,729 provozzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Prekonate has designated Ostrava as its capital city, Chancellor Havlicek has just been declared ruler of Prekonate in an international press conference, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, and citizens rise at daybreak every day for mandatory exercise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Prekonate's national animal is the lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Slavonic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Prekonate's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Prekonate's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Prekonate's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Prekonate was refounded in Osiris.
- : Prekonate ceased to exist in Maredoratica.
- : Prekonate's influence in Maredoratica rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Prekonate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Prekonate's influence in Maredoratica rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Prekonate's influence in Maredoratica rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Prekonate's influence in Maredoratica rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".