The Matriarchy of Ppyel is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, digital currency, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.137 billion Ppyelians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 80.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ppyelian economy, worth 119 trillion Two-nas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 104,779 Two-nas , and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Unshaven men are viewed with suspicion in courts of law, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers, owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning, and Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ppyel's national animal is the Honey Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping.
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning.
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers.
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, unshaven men are viewed with suspicion in courts of law.
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, unemployed youngsters trained to kill are being released en masse into society.
- : Ppyel was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Ppyel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, Ppyelian housewives become unusually flustered when thinking about Leader.
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Following new legislation in Ppyel, Max Barry is this year's Miss Ppyel.
Endorsements Received: 134 » Territorio di Nessuno, Buckerino, Corfad, Notyoutopia, The Rhein States, Malta Comino Gozo, Siwale, Shin-Hachioji, El Fiji Grande, Great Bights Mum, Amauri, Bayern-Straubing, Kwaj, Koda-Land, Holy Oranz, Sundred, Frances Francis the First of France, Former English Colony, Yaorozu, Shibutani, Wineclaw, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, United Draconia, Sunto, Shadowrik, New Pruessen, SORT, Dar es Saalam, THX1138, PlanetPunk, Pallaith, Sanjurika, The United States of Romania, Votak Matim, Sinelona, Snoodum, New Bremerton, Californian Redwood, Spartoptia, Wilkshire, Universal State Formula, Vincone Cae, Uganda Knuckles UK, North Bratislava, Kasazzastan, Sakaryata, The Iron Lions, Ethnon, Cloydicia, and 84 others.Highton Islands, Diodone, Napnomadia, Sheldanada, Bearical, Niradans, Ka Ching, Unsophisticate, Omnistria, Australiland, Hong Kong Empire, Black Templares, Empy, Lunallian, Dreadton, Xentherida, Outer Egorniand, The Pantheons, Ninjak30, Yukti, The South Falls, Maott, Federation Terra Australis, The Windmilluminati, General COE, SillyString, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Ethereal Expanse, Pasargad, Alunya, Moubarakistan, Ainsworth, Ozstan, Steraz, Atain, The Sinclarian Provinces, Suicidistan, Justanistan, Guer Aike, Q w e r t y, Ofemerica, Egalico, Tappan Hills, Solmetria, Joodey, Torakuen, Guslantis, Ara Antrizuls, SchoolHouse Rock, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Racoda, Ibiscaton, Saturns Edge, Peldorn, Jasminlandia, Zemnaya Svoboda, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, Trillius, VarDrade, Kirostan, Misuvelia, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Unimaginable Doom, Ejhsa, Liberum Mundi, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Lomjia, 1 very fast endotarter, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Thiammyalllaland, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, Haor Chall, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Castle Federation, Rynion, Test for a new hope, and The Black Cathedral.